Friday, September 10, 2010

Fashion Week!!!

New York Fashion Week kicked off today! As much as I love the sweaters and coats of fall and winter, I get super amped for the Spring/Summer shows. There is something about seeing all the skirts and dresses in their bright, warm-weather glory that brings a smile to my face and makes me excited for the coming of the new fashion year. Here's the short list of the New York shows I'm looking forward to seeing.



Vera Wang

I have loved this woman's work since I discovered her when I was 14. Her expert draping and her luxurious fabrics and colors never cease to make me drool a bit. I wait on pins and needles each season to see what she will come up with next.



Steven Alan

Steven Alan has 10 stores worldwide and a 10 year old brand, but his nyc show will be his first. I came across him in the Style.com preview and was instantly taken by this mood board. I looked up his website and am exicited to see what he has to offer.



Imitation by Tara Subkoff
Half of the duet that started Imitation of Christ back in 2001, Tara Subkoff is back with her own line, Imitation. Her new collection reflects her evolution as a person; Subkoff says her goal, "is to make dressing easy for women. You shouldn't have to think too hard about what you're going to wear every day. I think of Imitation as clothes that will leave your mind free for other things." I'm genuinely curious to see how she translates that into clothes.


Calvin Klein

Francisco Costa has been doing wonders at Calvin Klein since he joined the brand in 2003. I love his clean silhouettes and muted color palettes; while is garments might look deceptively simple, lines like his take some serious pattern making skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment