Monday, April 5, 2010

the triumphant return of wallpaper

Over the past few years, wallpaper has been on a slow and steady march back into the mainstream; and make no mistake, this ain't the same kind of stuff your granny covered her parlor in! I had wallpaper in one of my childhood bedrooms . It was white with a pink floral stencil print that came to mid wall and then had a border print of a messy English garden and cottage. It was awful. I also had thick rose colored carpeting, so that room was just an all around design snafu. BUT! Wallpaper you can find today (and yes, you can still find all the floral your heart desires) comes in a huge array of prints and colors, from the whimsical to the downright wacky. While I have no space in my current apartment for wallpaper, in a larger place I would definitely consider putting some up. Here are some of my favorites.

Sassy fishnet paper from Flavor Paper. Also comes in metallic silver ground color with hot pink fishnets


C'est Magnifique paper from a company in Germany and available at anthropologie.


Trompe l'oeil drape by Vivienne Westwood that a friend showed me and I instantly fell in love with.

Photo-real Stacked Paperbacks by English artist Tracey Kendall.

No comments:

Post a Comment