Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Burberry Beauty

Last night, my good friend Panda and I had the opportunity to attend the Burberry Beauty Launch Party at the Westfield SF Nordstrom. Burberrry has created a 96-piece line of eye shadows, lip colors, foundations and powders in a range of gorgeous, classic colors. Nordstrom is the lucky retailer carrying the line in the US and the lovely Christopher Bailey, chief creative director of the brand, has taking time out of his busy schedule to attend some of the kick-off events.

I first heard about the event a few weeks ago when I was browsing the MAC counter. I noticed that where their counter had been was now a construction zone.

"What's happened to your counter?" I asked one of the MAC girls.
"We're getting a Burberry Beauty counter, she told me. "The brand is launching its beauty line here in the US and they're only opening like 5 counters nationwide AND only at Nordstrom."
"Wow, that's cool" I reply.
"Actually, there's going to an event in a few weeks to kick off the brand. I can sign you up for a consultation if you'd like. Oh and Christopher Bailey will be there."

STOP! THE Christopher Bailey? The creative genius behind the line?! Sign me up! The makeup artists can do whatever they want to my face, I get to be in the same room as Christopher Bailey!

And so, I signed myself and Panda up.


The make-up event was pretty standard as far as events go. Loads of make-up artists, loads of women getting a fresh new face. The cosmetics were lovely, the powders and shadows pressed with the Burberry plaid pattern, the lip glosses super creamy and lush. The packaging was just as pretty. The boxes the color of their iconic trench with metallic silver writing and all the cosmetic packaging printed in plaid.


After our make-overs, Panda and I were whisked upstairs to the VIP lounge. This I was not expecting! Black clad waiters circulating with trays of bubbly champagne and tangy Pimm's (my fave!!) and little nibbles. SF society dames rubbing elbows with everyday folks. And there was Christopher Bailey, looking fab in a slightly rumpled black suit, pale blue shirt and shiny black leather shoes. It took Panda and I pushing a few people out of the way but we did get to meet him and when we did he was the nicest man! He shook our hands and seemed genuinely grateful that we had come and were enjoying ourselves, so humble that we were so excited to meet him, a veritable rock star in our industry. He was even more than happy to pose for a photo.


After that Miss P and I sat a chatted, sipping our bevies and nibbling on some salted caramel chocolates a waiter had brought our way. After a few minutes a woman came around and asked if we wanted a free gift, handing us each an enormous and heavy Burberry bag. Curiosity got the better of us and we opened up one of the gifts then and there, but I'll let you scroll through the photos below to see just what our gift was. Let me tell you: it is AWESOME.







All in all, the night was fantastic. The event was tons of fun and very chic. Christopher Bailey is an absolutely lovely, charming man. I'm so glad I stopped by the MAC counter when I did, otherwise I would have completely missed the event!

You can check out the full line of Burberry Beauty cosmetics at www.burberry.com or at Nordstrom's beauty website www.nordstrom.com

3 comments:

  1. you can also check out other photos of the event taken by photographer Drew Altizer at this link:
    http://www.drewaltizer.com/event.php?event_id=1735

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post!!! I had such a blast... thanks again! We got soooo lucky.

    PS now everyone is going to think my name is 'Panda' hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging that you showed me today is even more amazing in person than it shows here....very classy! Christopher is adorable - I know the entire event was a blast! Thank you so much for sharing....

    ReplyDelete