Wednesday, January 26, 2011



This was the beauty look from Monday's Armani Privé show in Paris. Dewy clear skin, a single coat of black mascara on the models' own lashes (no falsies!) and rich plum lipstick. Plum lipstick? As in purple? Yes, that is correct, plum lipstick. Oh yes, and a little jewel on the corner of the bottom lip. Armani's couture collection was technically amazing with an other-worldly feel to the garments but I found it garish and kitschy. One could argue that purple lipstick would also fall under the "garish and kitschy" header, but there is something about this look I find insanely beautiful. I can't put a finger on exactly what it is about it either. It just looks beautiful. I personally am not going start coating my lips with shades of plum, but more power to the girl who does. I'll happily do my own version of this look with my lovely MAC lipstick in Craving...sans jewel. I'll save those for Halloween. Check out the rest of the Armani Privé collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment