Sunday, April 29, 2012

5 Things I Love This Week...

house in my 'hood covered with blooming flowers.
Springtime! 
I realize it has been spring for a little over a month now, but it finally actually feels like it here in SF! As I'm writing this, my back door is open letting the fresh air in and the doggo is out baking in the sunshine.  I spent two hours at the park, lounging in the grass with Otto and it was glorious!!


just a taste of the wonderful things you'll find on Leah's blog
 Local Chills!
My friend/co-worker Leah and I became blog buddies last week.  I showed her mine, and she showed me her's.  Local Source of Chills is a-mazing! Part foodie blog, part ode to healthy living, Leah's blog is beautiful.  Her steadfast dedication to living a happy, healthy life shines through and is truly inspiring.  There are some yummy recipes I'm looking forward to trying out and I'll for sure be checking into eco-friendly mani-pedis at PlumBerry


get 'em while they're hot- Gap colored skinnies
Colored bottoms!
Colored denim has been around in brands like Joe's for a while and started showing up more in mainstream brands like Gap and J.Crew in the past few months.  At work we've had our eye on this trend for some time in but I don't think my coworkers and I had any idea just how big colored bottoms would become!  Wouldn't you love to see what's coming for fall!!  Colored bottoms are a super easy way to shake up the jeans-and-a-tee look, which is my wardrobe go-to staple.  Personally, I love the Gap's colored Always Skinny. The fit is great and the stretch makes them extra comfy!


There are 20 different musicians listed in their album credits!!
 Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros!
I discovered this band quite by accident. I bought their self-titled album in amazon.com's monthly $5 album sale without listening to it, thinking it was a totally different band. Whoops!   Lucky for me, the album is great, an upbeat mixture of pop, folk and rock. At times, the lead singer Alex Ebert's voice kinda reminds me of Neil Diamond. From the opening drums of 40 Day Dream to the last chants of Om Nashi Me, the album puts me in a fantastic mood.


this equals trouble for my lipstick addiction
MAC Fashion Sets!
MAC Cosmetics took their most coveted shades of lipsticks and made perfectly coordinated 3 piece sets of lipstick, Lip Glass and nail polish.  Whether it's Snob from Sao Paolo or Russian Red from Dubai, the sets cover a great range of color and finish.  I have my eyes on Impassioned (especially the nail lacquer) and Snob.  Find them at your local MAC counter, or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment