Sunday, April 29, 2012

Clan of the Four Eyes



One of the big reasons I haven't been blogging is because I've been getting annoying, throbbing headaches. After working at a computer all day the last thing I wanted to do when I go home was turn my own laptop on and star at a screen. On a semi-whim, I decided to have my eyes chedked. Turns out, I needed glasses! My ok left eye had been compensating for my blurry right eye and that was causing the headaches. Glasses to the rescue! I've been wearing them for about 2 weeks now and it has been a HUGE improvement!

Dr D teases that I not-so secretly like the fact that I had to get glasses and, well, he's right.  For a week in high school I wore around a fake pair I bought a pair from Urban Outfitters.  If a classmate asked when I got glasses, I would sort of shrug off some non-answer and continue on.  I wanted glasses purely for the accessory factor of them.  I was a hipster before their were hipsters apparently and I think I might even still have that first pair.  But the possibilities are numerous and so far I am very much enjoying my specs.

When I went to pick them up, I was browsing a case waiting for the tech to bring them out.  While he was adjusting the frames, he jokingly asked if I was picking out my next pair.  Little did he know I already had a few in mind... :)


xo,
a

 

2 comments:

  1. so cute!!
    xoxo jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes finally got bad enough that I now need glasses like all the time. I wanted to let you know about this website I learned about recently. Lots of frames for really inexpensive; really great for a backup pair: http://www.zennioptical.com/

    ReplyDelete